Sunday, May 6, 2012

My thoughts on blogging

I KNOW it's been a couple of months since I last posted. We've been crazy busy with work, kids, softball and just life in general. I'd been meaning to write a post this weekend- just something fun to get back into the groove. Instead, I thought I'd write about something that's been weighing on my mind in the time since I last wrote a post and especially today thanks to a Facebook post that irked the snot out of me. Please excuse the run-on sentences, hope you can follow my rant.


I'm a little hesitant to "put it all out there" by blogging. Yes, I have a bit of paranoia about strangers reading my business (although my only follower is my mom and I'm pretty sure she knows everything). I'm also reluctant because I feel like some of the people I do know IRL (in real life, Mom) might like to think they know about my life because they read my blog or get second- and third-hand information from mutual acquaintances- instead of actually being a friend and saying "Hey, how are you? What's new with you?"


Here's what pissed me off this morning: An old "friend" who since I last saw her, has twice un-friended me on Facebook for no apparent reason (but keeps sending friends requests to my hubby), commented on an old picture of my FIL that my SIL posted on her Facebook. Something to the effect of "Wow, I see "D" in this picture." Well let me tell you something- unless this chick has been stalking our family, she has not seen D in person for at least the last five years. I think my SIL only has a few pictures of D on her own Facebook that this woman could have seen. So tell me, friend, what do you think you know about my kid(s) and who they resemble?


I realize in writing this that it may not seem like such a serious offense, but in looking through other photos, I see one where she commented (on a picture of my in-laws, hubby's nieces, and OUR kids) "I want a copy of this for my wall." Creepy much?  Did I mention that her wedding song when she married her newest husband is the same song my hubby and I danced to for our first dance? She and her ex-husband were both in our wedding, BTW. Every time I think of her, I am reminded of a quote from my favorite housewife on my favorite trashy show, Dina Manzo from Real Housewives of New Jersey talking about psychopath Danielle Staub: The girl is freakin’ obsessed with me. I swear, I don’t know if she wants to like be me, or skin me and wear me like last year’s Versace.”


Having said all of that, I still don't know where I stand on wanting to blog. I am sure this person is not the only one (friend, family or otherwise) who would rather read into the things I post on here (or on Facebook) or the things they hear from others, than to genuinely care about what's going on and to do the things a true friend would do and ASK the questions that friends ask. Guess I'll have to think about it a little more... I have some things in the works that involve other people besides our family, and out of respect for the other party's privacy I sure as hell won't be blogging about it here. What are your thoughts? Am I overreacting? Should I start carrying pepper spray? Go live under a rock? Until then...


Please continue stalking me on Facebook. I really appreciate all this attention :).

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you for being creeped out, I think she wants to BE you! I still remember what Grandma said, the first time she met her. The world is full of people like her, I say go ahead and keep blogging. People will think what they want anyway. Your posts always make me laugh....even the serious ones!

    ReplyDelete